Saturday 9 March 2013

Speedy weight loss results!

Although my diet is not supposed to be about weight loss, I recently put on a few pounds simply by not eating what I claim I eat.  I often fall into cycles where I talk about my diet more than I actually follow it.
When I mentioned this at work, Owen Knight said 'yes I know'. ha ha.
So I experimented with being good.
I spent Saturday cooking lots of proper dishes, following the rules of non-processed ingredients with plenty of veg and pulses. Then from Sunday to Wednesday this week I ate either Porridge or Bircher Muesli for breakfast, a hearty permitted lunch and a hearty permitted dinner (the exact list is below). I didn't drink alcohol and I only had 2 squares of dark chocolate per day. One day I ate all of the banana loaf crusts from 2 slices of my son's cake because he doesn't like the crusts. And I only snacked on fruit (apples and nectarines to be precise). Plus the occasional cheese oat cake. But really, for me, I was being good.
After 4 days, I'd lost 4 pounds in weight.  I wasn't expecting such speedy results.


  • Sunday lunch: roast chicken with roast celery, roast fennel, broccoli, cabbage, gravy and 1 yorkshire pudding.
  • Sunday dinner:  White bean casserole.
  • Monday lunch: Stir fry veg.
  • Monday dinner: Turkey and Kidney Bean stew.
  • Tuesday lunch: Homemade chicken soup (made from the carcass of Sunday's roast and spare veg)
  • Tuesday dinner: Hake cooked in foil with tomatoes, green olives, mushrooms, leek, cabbage.
  • Wednesday lunch: Lentil and Aubergine Moussaka - with celeriac in lieu of potatoes on the top.
  • Wednesday dinner: Vegetable tagine made with quinoa (not cous cous)


Yay! I haven't posted all of these recipes yet, but I've made them and have photos so they will follow soon. Maybe not the Veg tagine just yet - it needs a bit more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment